Things, glorious things!

  Products! So I've been looking to get a hairdryer because sometimes when you wash your hair at midnight, you don't want to go...

 Products!

So I've been looking to get a hairdryer because sometimes when you wash your hair at midnight, you don't want to go to sleep with wet hair or wait for it to airdry. I haven't actually used a hairdryer since I was a kid and my mum did my hair - I guess I was always an air dryer!

I looked for one that was fairly cheap and had a cool shot setting to reduce heat on my hair and a good nozzle to direct air flow. I ended up with the Babyliss Turbo Power 2200 which has two speed settings (fast and really damn fast) and three heat settings (only the lowest of which I took any notice of).

(I have stitches from a minor household accident and don't want to gross anyone out!)



Indeed, it is a very powerful hairdryer so should dry my hair quickly. I did find that the 'cool shot' is not very cool at all but the stream of air certainly isn't hot so it should be alright. Just in case, I've tied something around the button so that it's always on the cool setting and I don't have to tire my thumb out. I plan on using the dryer for tension blowdrying further into my stretch so I'll report back later.





The other products I got were Boots Coconut and Almond Leave-in Conditioner and 2chic Avocado and Olive Oil Ultra-Moist Dual Action Protective Leave-in Spray (looong name, right?)

Boots Leave-in
The Boots Leave-in is nice and simple and most importantly, dirt cheap. It's £1.49 for a 150ml bottle. My old leave-in was around £5 for 200ml and the 2chic is an extortionate £8.99 for 118ml. I am willing to pay that as leave-ins can last a long time, but only if the product is worth it. Therefore, I will be switching off from Boots to 2chic week to week in order to work out which one I will continue to use. Fingers crossed that Boots wins...

2chic
Ingredients-wise, the 2chic has a lot of fancy sounding stuff in, which I am mostly impressed by. The Boots has more stuff that one might raise an eyebrow at, but as I posted recently, looks can be deceiving. The 2chic is also certified not tested on animals which is something that I would obviously like to support. Again, we'll see in the coming weeks.

'Til next time,
Lam

You Might Also Like

0 comments